Let’s face it. Most of the food we get in Dubai is probably not as ‘clean’ as we would like it to be. When eating conventional food, fast food, and processed food, you food does contain pesticides, chemical additives, preservatives and synthetic ‘fake food’. No matter if you like it or not!
Your body is capable of ‘cleaning’ itself from the inside. It has its internal cleansing mechanisms to get rid of waste products and toxins. Your liver and your kidneys are continuously detoxing your blood neutralizing waste products and toxins with the help of enzymes and nutrients. Your lungs and intestines also play a role in the process. But if you want to have a body with a minimum of toxins, you should start thinking about what you eat.
If you wish to do something special to cleanse and protect your body against waste products and toxins here are a few rules to follow. There is no magic involved, just common sense. It is all about helping your body’s natural cleansing mechanisms and about limiting your intake of toxins in the first place.
1. Eat whole grain, fruits and vegetables. Dietary fibers will increase the excretion of waste products and toxins and will prevent accumulation because of constipation.
2. Drink water. Water is necessary for excretion of dietary fiber and the detox happening in the kidneys. You should not drink too much or too little. Around 2 liter is recommended depending on your weight and activity level.
3. Lose weight slowly. Waste products and toxins accumulate in the body fat and will excrete when you start losing fat. If you lose weight slowly, the concentrations in the blood will only have moderate increase, which your body’s internal cleansing mechanisms can handle.
4. Drink green juice made from green vegetables like kale, spinach, and parsley. Chlorophyll (the green pigment in plants) is extremely effective in connecting with toxins and free radicals turning them into neutral materials. Green juice also gives you lots of extra nutrients that help sustain your energy level.
5. Fresh herbs. Herbs like ginger, cayenne and garlic stimulates the cardiovascular system and helps excretion of some heavy metals.
1. Limit the intake of processed food and fast food. To make the processed food more attractive, easier to handle and with a longer shelf life, additives are often added. These are often substances that are not food but industrialized produced substances.
2. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Waste products and toxins accumulate via the food chain leaving animal products with the most toxins and vegetable products with the least
3. Eat organic. Organic food will give you fewer pesticide remnants compared to conventional food
Give your sandwich a healthy spin
>>> Manuka Honey
An all natural healthy remedy against colds, flus and runny noses
Learn about your body's reaction when you detox
We give you 9 reasons why paying more for organic products makes sense.
Your body rely on you to get vital nutrients from the food you eat. Your body takes care of millions of biological processes every day. Each process depends on certain components and building blocks - which you can only get from fresh, nutritious food, prepared in the right way.
Processed and industrialised prepared food does not give your body what it needs. It is not real food - it cannot give your body fuel to the millions of vital processes to function optimally. Poor quality food does not feed your body well - it only fills your stomach!