If you want to make sure that you and your family stay healthy throughout the holy month of Ramadan there is one simple rule you can follow with great success. Make sure to cook and eat food made from good quality ingredients.
Keeping the ingredients fresh and free from additives and refined sugars ensures that there are lots of vital nutrients for your body to feed on. Choose only high quality ingredients to make sure the food you eat gives your body the best possible nutrients.
One example is when choosing the meat you use for your iftar meal. The nutrients you get from good quality grain fed beef for example is very different from what is in beef from cows that have been grain fed. Read more about it here.
In collaboration with OBE organic free-range beef, we have prepared a delicious and healthy iftar meal that you can easily make and enjoy without compromising your health. The meal is made with OBE organic beef, which is 100% grass-fed, free-range & GMO free.
- 600g good quality stewing beef
- 2 table spoons coconut oil or cleared butter
- 2 red onion, peeled and slice
- 1/2 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 orange shopped
- Fresh juice from 1 orange
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and halved
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 level tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 level tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 level tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
The day before:
- Placing the dried chickpeas in small bowl, cover with water and leave to soak over night in the fridge.
When you are ready to cook:
- Heat the coconut oil in a sauté pan and add spices and chopped garlic and ginger. Add the beef and fry over maximum heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef stock and orange juice – add extra water if needed to cover meat.
- Turn heat to low and leave to simmer for 1 ½ hour. Check regularly if more liquid is needed.
- Stir in onion, orange and chickpeas and leave to simmer for another 15-20 minutes
Serve the dish with brown rice, red rice or quinoa to make sure to give your body complex carbohydrates that release energy slowly (as opposed to white rice which release energy fast). Add a delicious filling salad to eat on the side with your meal to make sure you get the recommended amount of vegetables.
Give your sandwich a healthy spin
>>> Manuka Honey
An all natural healthy remedy against colds, flus and runny noses
Learn about your body's reaction when you detox
We give you 9 reasons why paying more for organic products makes sense.
Your body rely on you to get vital nutrients from the food you eat. Your body takes care of millions of biological processes every day. Each process depends on certain components and building blocks - which you can only get from fresh, nutritious food, prepared in the right way.
Processed and industrialised prepared food does not give your body what it needs. It is not real food - it cannot give your body fuel to the millions of vital processes to function optimally. Poor quality food does not feed your body well - it only fills your stomach!